The crew of the Arctic Joule are now blogging openly about their planned end when they reach Cambridge Bay:
After 2 days of stormy winds, we got going again today and I think we were all definitely beginning this morning with the end in mind. This has been an incredible experience so far but I know I am ready to get this done now and get to Cambridge Bay. We were chatting about this earlier today and we’re all on the same page.
So far, they’ve not mentioned anything about trying again next year. They’ve made almost 60 kilometers so far today, and I expect that they’ll be in Cambridge Bay sometime late tomorrow night (Tuesday) if the weather holds. But that weather has been notoriously treacherous (from their perspective, at least).
===|==============/ Keith DeHavelle